home » about us » history
St. Christopher's began when 12 people gathered for worship at Fisher's Corners (now the convergence of Guelph Line and the QEW; hence the name - the patron of travellers) on Sunday, March 2nd, 1952. It was a mission activity of the Rector of St. Luke's, Canon Heathcote, and the men's club. With a strong outreach and pastoral ministry, the "mission" in 1954 was declared a parish by Bishop Bagnall.
By 1955 Harry Mansfield had been appointed Rector, the first Vestry was held and a new worship centre was begun at the present site on Guelph Line. The Parish continued its growth and in 1960 the present worship space was erected, with the old worship space becoming the parish hall. In 1995, Project 2000 was initiated which resulted in the building of a new 16,000 sq. ft. Parish Centre, opened and blessed by Bishop Walter Asbil in 1997. The Parish continues its strong Outreach and Pastoral ministries and continues to grow spiritually and numerically.
Worship is a lively and engaging activity at St. Christopher's and offers many opportunities for people to experiment. Programs are offered throughout the week and at special occasions to encourage spiritual growth and fellowship.